Mood Board Monday: Master Bedroom Design

There is a blogger/diy/decor challenge coming up soon and I am going to be participating. I can't wait to share that project with you, but for now I wanted to share a project that didn't make the cut. Before you ask, "why are you showing us a design you decided not to do?" let me fill you in! 

Mostly it comes down to budget. And the fact that our master bedroom doesn't really need fancy makeover right now. But I love the design so much I thought it would be fun to show it to you and give you all the sources in case you want to implement some of it yourself!  

Master Bedroom | Coastal | Mid Century | Floral Wallpaper

Floral Wallpaper | Wall Color | Upholstered Bed | Sconces | Nightstands | Area Rug | Artwork (L) | Artwork (R) | Striped Accent Pillows | Botanical Accent Pillows | Curtains | Chair | Throw Blanket

While working out the design for this room, I contemplated going for a more Traditional Modern vibe. Honestly, I'm still a little torn about which look I love more. Both have some really fun personality. In the end I chose the top design because if felt more soothing--and that is exactly the word I want to describe my master bedroom! 

What are your thoughts--first look or second?

Master Bedroom | Traditional Modern | Glam Master Bedroom | Floral Wallpaper

Floral Wallpaper | Wall Color | Upholstered Bed | Sconces | Nightstands | Area Rug | Artwork (L) | Artwork (R) | Geometric Accent Pillows | Lumbar Pillows | Curtains |

Stay tuned to hear all about the project we DID decide to tackle!! I'm dying to show you, but I promise it will be worth the wait!!! 

End Table Makeover: Part Two

In case you forgot what these end tables looked like to start, you can see the first few steps of their transformation here. After some deconstruction, wood filler, and a lot of sanding, these beauties were ready for some white paint and new legs!

I started by only painting the exterior but eventually decided a consistent coat of white was the way to go. Trying to save a few bucks, I used trim paint that I had lying around from other touch-ups. It took many coats to get a good coverage and then, after it had cured for about a week,  I noticed a lot of yellow coming through. Sooo... I sanded it down and started again. This time I used a high gloss enamel paint from Lowes and that worked much better!

The new legs (also from Lowes) were easy to install and dramatically changed the look of these pieces!

I sanded, stained and then sealed the drawer fronts with a clear poly. The process was pretty simple; I think the hardest part was making myself wait the recommended time between coats.

Here's what they look like now!

I am in LOVE with the transformation of these nightstands! Still to come: a total master bedroom makeover including the bedside lamps seen above and a DIY headboard!

Okay, one last before and after!